Reverse Logistics Group Americas Collective Electronic Waste Acceptance Program For New York State
In New York State Reverse Logistics Group Americas provides a Collective Electronic Waste Acceptance Program registered with the State Department of Environmental Conservation and on behalf of the following electronics manufacturers in compliance with the New York State Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse Act. Acer America Corporation, Canon USA, Inc., DPI, Inc., Elo Touch Solutions, Inc., Google, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, HP Inc., Intel Corporation, Lenovo (United States), Inc., Mattel, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Motorola Mobility LLC, Planar Systems Inc., SMART Technologies, and VTech Electronics North America LLC. Reverse Logistics Group Americas provides convenient methods for consumers of Covered Electronic Equipment (CEE) to return the CEE at end of life for environmentally sound recycling.
Who is eligible for free recycling?
- An individual
- For-profit entities with 49 or fewer full time employees
- Not-for-profit corporations with 74 or fewer full time employees
- Any not-for-profit corporation designated under section 501( c )(3) of the internal revenue code
- The state
- A public corporation, public school, school district, private or parochial school or board of cooperative educational services
- A governmental entity
PLEASE NOTE: The Act requires that this service is free for the consumers described above. Business Consumers (defined under the Act as “for-profit entity which has fifty or more full time employees or a not-for-profit corporation with seventy-five or more full time employees, but not a not-for-profit corporation designated under section 501(c) (3) of the internal revenue code”) can also take advantage of this service by contacting us at (866) 337-1078 to discuss arrangements for a service that may not necessarily be free of charge.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RETURN YOUR COVERED ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Collection Site Option:
CEE (as described below) can be dropped off by eligible consumers at one of our collection sites. Click here to view our list of collection sites.
If you cannot get to a drop-off site and live anywhere in New York State, take advantage of our mail-back option. This is available to consumers who are eligible for free recycling and:
a) have a used Acer, Canon, Compaq, Elo, eMachines, Gateway, Google, GPX, Hewlett-Packard, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HP, iLive , Intel, LeapFrog, Lenovo, Medion, Microsoft, Motorola, Nabi, Planar, SMART, System X or VTech InnoTab branded CEE
b) purchased CEEs by these brands and would like to return their old equipment of the same type by any manufacturer.
To use the mail-back solution and for further instructions, select from one of the following links below if you have or have purchased a CEE from the respective company:
- Acer America Corporation (Acer, Gateway or eMachines): acertakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Canon USA, Inc. (Canon): canontakeback.rlgamericas.com
- DPI, Inc.(GPX or iLive): dpitakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Elo Touch Solutions, Inc. (Elo, Elo Touch Solutions or Elo TouchSystems): elotakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Google, Inc. (Google): googletakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (Hewlett Packard Enterprise): hewlettpackardenterprisetakeback.rlgamericas.com
- HP Inc. (Hewlett-Packard, HP, Compaq): hptakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Intel Corporation: inteltakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Lenovo (United States), Inc.(Lenovo, Medion or System X): lenovotakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Mattel, Inc. (Nabi): matteltakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft): microsofttakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Motorola Mobility LLC (Motorola): motorolatakeback.rlgamericas.com
- Planar Systems, Inc. (Planar) : planartakeback.rlgamericas.com
- SMART Technologies (SMART): smarttakeback.rlgamericas.com
- VTech Electronics North America LLC(InnoTab, LeapFrog) vtechtakeback.rlgamericas.com
COVERED ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT (CEE):
- Small Scale Servers
- Computer Peripherals (including any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into such product)
- Electronic Keyboards
- Electronic Mice or Similar Pointing Devices
- Facsimile Machines (only if intended for use with computer and weighing less than 100 pounds)
- Document Scanners (only if intended for use with computer and weighing less than 100 pounds)
- Printers (only if intended for use with computer and weighing less than 100 pounds)
- Small Electronic Equipment (including any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into such product)
- Digital Video Recorders
- Portable Digital Music Players
- DVD Players
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Cable or Satellite Receivers
- Electronic or Video Game Consoles
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CUSTOMER DATA ON COMPUTER HARDWARE
You are responsible for all confidential data that may be stored on the Computer Hardware. Before you ship any Computer Hardware for recycling, you are responsible for: (a) deleting the data on the hard-disk drives and any other storage devices in the products; (b) backing up or transferring any data prior to deletion; and (c) removing any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs, or PC Cards.
For removing data on Computer Hardware, Reverse Logistics Group Americas further recommends use of the variety of available data-erasing software applications available and follow the instructions associated with the software to ensure data is removed from the machine prior to returning for recycling.
If you are returning a Lenovo product, Lenovo recommends consumers use one of the variety of commercially available data-erasing software applications available on the market and follow the instructions associated with the software to ensure data is removed from the machine prior to returning for recycling.
Neither the OEM manufacturer, nor Reverse Logistics Group Americas, nor any third party (including parcel service) will accept liability for lost data or software or dissemination of confidential information.
The New York State Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse Act (Article 27, Title 26 of the Environmental Conservation Law) ensures that every New Yorker has the opportunity to recycle his or her electronic waste in an environmentally responsible manner. The law requires manufacturers to establish a convenient system for the collection, handling, and recycling or reuse of electronic waste. Manufacturers of covered electronic equipment (CEE) will be responsible for implementing and maintaining an acceptance program for the discarded electronic waste, with oversight by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). For general information about this Act including definition of eligible consumers please see the NYS DEC website.
If you would like more information please contact us at (866) 337-1078